Thursday, April 7, 2016

Some of my favorite things...Vegan cookbooks edition! by Naturalee Happee

*The opinions of this article reflect on the author(s) it was published by & not the "What's The News?" organization as a whole.
   Hello my beautiful blog family! I hope you are all doing well today. In my location, it has been cold and rainy for the last couple of days. I won't let it put a damper (no pun intended) on my evening.
   I have a great way for us to break the ice! Let's share favorite Vegan cookbooks! I know you have them, and if you don't, these will be great to have in your library whether you are new to Veganism, or have been a Vegan (or Vegetarian) for years. I myself started my transition to Vegetarian in 2000. I remained a Vegetarian until 2012. I took the 30 day Vegan challenge during World Vegan Month in October of 2012. I remained a strict Vegan for 2 years, and have since traveled back and forth between Vegetarian & Vegan. When I go out, I sometimes don't mind the milk and eggs in my food. I won't make my food at home with it, but I don't complain when I'm out, so yeah, I'm a Vegan that cheats a lot. :( Nevertheless, I will still NEVER eat meat again, that's for sure! So...
   This is a list of a few of my favorite Vegan cookbooks. Most, if not all, of the books can be found at your local bookstore, the library, or on Amazon. If you know of any other great sites to buy books, please leave the comments below.
     I have four books that made my "top" list. There are tons of great vegan cookbooks but the four of these are my "go to" books whenever I feel the need.
   1. Vegan Soul Kitchen by: Bryant Terry. This book was an oldie but goodie because the author turned familiar soul food recipes Vegan! He also has great recipes for popscicles, as well as great drinks and mixers!
 
      2. Vegan Coomfort Food by: Alicia Simpson.This book was one of my books I used when transitioning from Vegetarian to Vegan. She literally "Veganised" all of your favorite childhood foods like tacos, chick nuggets, and sloppy joes! This book may not keep your calories down, but it sure will fill that belly with yummy vegan junk food!
   3. The Vegan Girl's Guide To Life by: Melisser Elliott. This book is the BEST book EVER for any NEW Vegan trying to get the grip on what to do! From A-Z Melisser hits on all the points you ever wanted to know about Vegan food, Vegan clothing, Vegan shoes, Vegan makeup..She covered it ALL in this pretty colorful book. She even included the vendors, sites, and shops so you can purchase the items online!
 
Last but not least is
4. Happy Herbivore Abroad by: Lindsay S. Nixon. Now, just because I last does NOT mean this book is any less important! I told you at the beginning that these were my top 4! The top on my list! This book has great recipes from around the world. They are tasty and easy to make as well as Vegan! I only choose books that have full color photos..why? I figure that if I'm going to make something for the first time, I should at LEAST have an idea of what it supposed to look like. Don't you agree? I just refuse to pick a book without photos! It could be the best book in the world, but if I can't see how the food is supposed to look when I'm done, I won't purchase it! 
Well, I hope you all enjoyed my favotite things...Vegan cookbook edition! Please feel free to comment, like, and always SHARE!! I hope to see all of my favorite people reading my next article! YOU are my favotite people! Unil next time...Always Stay "Naturalee Happee"! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment