Quick facts about The State of Health
'Black" "African American " " Pan Afrekan "
Community in US
- Diabetes is 60% more common in black Americans than in white Americans. Blacks are up to 2.5 times more likely to suffer a limb amputation and up to 5.6 times more likely to suffer kidney disease than other people with diabetes.
- African-Americans are three times more likely to die of asthma than white Americans.
- Deaths from lung scarring -- sarcoidosis -- are 16 times more common among blacks than among whites. The disease recently killed former NFL star Reggie White at age 43.
- Despite lower tobacco exposure, black men are 50% more likely than white men to get lung cancer.
- Strokes kill 4 times more 35- to 54-year-old black Americans than white Americans. Blacks have nearly twice the first-time stroke risk of whites.
- Blacks develop high blood pressure earlier in life -- and with much higher blood pressure levels -- than whites. Nearly 42% of black men and more than 45% of black women aged 20 and older have high blood pressure.
- Cancer treatment is equally successful for all races. Yet black men have a 40% higher cancer death rate than white men. African-American women have a 20% higher cancer death rate than white women.
Ok so lets cut to the chase, scientifically we are being told here that genetically we are more susceptible to these chronic diseases ( interesting I Know) . However our community has the largest uninsured rate than any other community ( excluding illegal immigrants )
So the question I ask is . Are we genetically prone to these diseases ? Are we just providing ourselves with inadequate health care ?
Now of course , I am aware of the rise of insurance prices and yes if it comes down to shelter or medical insurance ; I would be the first to adios the policy .
However I am asking you to think about the small things .
For example could you prevent diabetes without health insurance ?
The answer is YES ;
The solution is Healthier lifestyle choices such as :
- Diet ( and I do not mean FAD diets , I am speaking about proper Nutrition )
- Exercise (cardio and strength training )
- Proper Medical surveillance such as annual check ups
This is just one example of how chronic diseases can be prevented thru healthy lifestyle choices.
Health Genocide thru obesity, Diabetes, High blood Pressure, High cholesterol , Tobacco induce Cancers and overall population to your body with chemicals and processed foods . Can Stop ! and must be Stopped !
How can you help make the change ?
It is simple start in your own home. Rid your cabinets of Toxins that are masked as Food. Get educated on proper nutrition and start to live a more active life.
I do not believe that genetically we are diseased however I do believe that mentally we are unhealthy and we must treat bodies as the temples that they are.
Written by Chyana Hall
Fit. Fine. Flawless
(click above link to subscribe and view)
*The opinions of this article reflect on the author(s) it was published by & not the "What's The News?" organization as a whole.